Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dreamsong

Hello All!

While I'm at it, I'm also going to be uploading videos that I've made over the last few years. Some are silly, some are strange, and all were a blast to make.

This first video is called Dreamsong after the series of poems written by John Berryman. The audio feed is of a live reading which Berryman performed of his poem, Dreamsong 1. The song is from the "Finding Forester" soundtrack, and the video is a visual interpretation of what the heck I think Berryman might have been talking about.

When I was looking for actors, I vaguely remember the conversation going something like:

Me: "Hey Ryan, what are you doing over break?"
Ryan: "Uh....nothing."
Me: "Will you and Jordan and Ami help me with this video?"
Ryan: "What would we have to do?"
Me: "Uh......nothing....much....really."
Ryan: "Okay."

This was the clever way I bamboozled them into wearing creepy clothes and make-up, standing outside in the cold for hours on end, and flinging fried chicken all over the place (sadly, that clip did not make it into the video).

But, the people who helped me with this are pretty much amazing! So a big thanks to Jordan, Ryan, Ami, Rhain, and Bethany. You all played creepy really well!

This was filmed about two years ago, so if any of you are reading, thanks to everyone who helped me film. :D

"Once in a sycamore I was glad/ All at the top..."
~John Berryman

No comments:

Post a Comment