This was written as a piece for a poetry class a couple years ago. It remains one of my favorites, although the meaning has changed since it was authored, it remains dedicated
To Whom It May Concern...
I do not understand why he has turned away. Why has he begun to build his mask of tomorrows and todays? Does he not remember yesterday, when I sat with him on an eve, though grim, beautiful and ongoing forever in my mind? Why can he not see that I still love him? Perhaps, is it true that love is blind? For the great king and the seer too, saw not until they received wounds anew. My dear love, do not blind yourself for me; for, your eyes are like the midday moon, the summers heat upon a dune, and though your mark runs head to toe, it is the diamond of your soul. Do not conform to darkness yet, nor paint your face and fires set. Do not forget my shining hope. It burns for you while you sneer and joke. You are not he who wishes the world to burn; you are the hero who, in return for all thy self, will ask for nothing, save myself. I will not conform, but Defy and fly, and your diamonds shall shine like stars in the sky. How many nights have we watched them? How many times have we wished for nothing more than another first kiss? Yet, I do not know you now. I have lost sight of your glorious light and no not where you can be found. Who are you now? Come back to me. Though the knight may be dark, it is merely the lingering eclipse. A shadow in time when moon and sun unite to grant the world a wish. And the moment passes. And celestial bodies revolve but so they shall come again, my love. So they shall come again.
No comments:
Post a Comment