Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Viva Quad Vegas or Never Fight With a Pirate Wearing Makeup

Every year around this time, the Quad at CU teams up with Hallett to present the most amazingly awesome program even known to man:
Viva Quad Vegas!
About a week and some change before the program, I get a call from my friend Chris. All he say is: "So, Becca... Can I borrow your video equipment?" I should have known then and there that this was going to lead to both a great time and a whole heap of trouble.

We ended up completing the shooting of the video in a single day; this was no easy task considering that we had to costume and makeup 5 different characters- two of which were a Pirate and an Egyptian.

But filming ended and we were all hanging out in the hall laughing and having a grand old time. Then it happened. I'm still not totally sure what "it" was but one minute I was getting into a scrap with the pirate and the next thing I know there was an odd cracking sound, a general feeling that something was wrong, and I realization on my part that I couldn't breath through my nose. But you know what the worst part is? I broke my nose and didn't even get outta a single day of class. Depressing right?

Moral of the story, kids, is
Never Fight With A Pirate Wearing Makeup!

But please enjoy the final product of our labors! Here, without further adieu, is Viva Quad Vegas!


1 comment:

  1. I think you need to make sure that Will Styler is paid for his likeness as "The Scholar"...

    ReplyDelete